Friday, July 02, 2010

Time to give Planets a spin

One of the things we have loved since moving up here is the stars at night, which are big and bright, and, simply, breathtaking. Looks like we're in for some more action with comets, meteor showers and planetary groupings being clearly visible in the night sky over the coming months. Hmmm ... I wonder where that telescope is or where I can borrow one. And of course, finding Comet McNaught R1 and other night features is going to be a little easier with apps for the iDevices (you know the ones, iPhones, iPads, iPod Touches) like Planets which shows you the night sky - and labels it, and gives interesting information about what you're seeing. I looking forward to working out where Andromeda an Perseus are - because "close to the star Capella" doesn't help me much. (Although it does remind me that my first two cars, both Capellas, were "stars").

No comments: