Thursday, April 16, 2009

Age-old comment

It's funny that within a couple of days I've come across the same "thought" attributed to different authors. Of course, it's not a "new" thought, and is the basis of the "Up" series by Michael Apted, premised on the Jesuit motto: Give me a child until he is seven and I will give you the man.
Charles Darwin: It is worthy of remark that a belief constantly inculcated during the early years of life, while the brian is impressible, appears to acquire almost the nature of an instinct; and the very essence of an instinct is that it is followed independently of reason. (The Descent of Man)
Vladimir Lenin: Give me four years to teach the children and the seed I have sown will never be uprooted.
Seems there's absolutely nothing new in show business.

No comments: