Thursday, July 31, 2008

Einstein shirts

There are stories that Albert Einstein did not waste his brain bandwidth on the "small stuff" - like having multiple pieces of clothing the same, so he could mix and match (well, maybe not mix and match because supposedly all the shirts were the same and all the pants were the same). Well, I think I may have had an insight into this the other day when I was reading the results of my psychometric testing (part of the outplacement services being provided to me by the company). The results suggest that because of my personality type I may be averse to doing (mundane) administrative tasks - which will come as no surprise to some people. Well, what if Einstein was the same - yes, yes, I know it's a big stretch - and what if he had all his clothes the same so he wasn't forced to make the decision about what to wear each day - so it was really decision phobia rather than good planning/management on his part? Hmm. Food for thought - which you'd have more time for once you removed all those administrative (read: domestic) tasks.

No comments: