Sunday, June 29, 2008

Handy laundry hints

I have blogged previously about “breakfast shirt” but if you’ve forgotten and worn your real shirt to breakfast – there’s still hope.; It’s Tide’s instant-stain-remover-in-a-pen so you can carry it with you and just blot out stains as they happen. I had heard about it from a US colleague and while there recently, I took the opportunity of securing half a dozen of them. Now if I could have just remembered to keep one with me, I wouldn’t need to be walking around with a baked-bean stain for the rest of the morning.
And on the subject of laundry – I managed to shrink one of my shirts when I let it slip through the check into the tumbledryer. It was only 3 inches shorter than the others until I sent it off for drycleaning in Bangkok I was stunned when it returned completely restored. I decided then that I needed to do som,e research on fabric to find out why this was so. Does the drycleaning process really have restorative powers? If so, does it work with all fabrics, or only some? And what causes fabric to shrink?

No comments: