Monday, May 26, 2008

I Spy ....

The tech RSS feeds I subscribe to have carried some interesting items over the last couple of days about JIBs (Jack in Boxes), L-Pills and Escape and Evasion Rectal Suppository Tool Kits. Seems odd - and even odder when you consider they're talking about CIA and other spy tech stuff which will be featured in "Spycraft", by Robert Wallace and H. Keith Melton, which is due for release soon. The JIB refers to "fake" people which can be quickly inflated/activated in a vehicle to give the impression that someone has not jumped out - since the head court remains the same. The Rectal tool kit is indeed a tool kit and although I question this, the article on Gizmodo suggested it could be used to "saw, drill, ply and file your way out of a ... prison camp". And we haven't even touched upon exploding notebooks, water soluble paper or secreting documents in dead rats. You can pre-order your copy of "Spycraft" from Amazon - or, I suspect, other booksellers. (I'm off to Fictionwise to earmark an eVersion if I can.)

No comments: