Friday, April 04, 2008

Revenge on the machines

Wired is asking for submissions for "Destroy your most hated gadget, take pictures" to give people the chance to vent their frustrations on gadgets that have "done them wrong". I personally can't imagine doing this but I'm sure some people would find it therapeutic and useful. It just reminds me of a question I have asked several colleagues: if you were angry enough to actually throw your computer out the window, would you unplug it first? (Thinking now ... how would I do it ... drowning, sledgehammer, dropping off a tall building, drill, chainsaw ...hmmm just as well I don't have any gadgets to spare! Which is not to say that I haven't had some problems over the past with my various Palms #$%^@)
The best 10 pics to Wired - they must be your own photo - will win pride of place in a gallery on the wired.com home page (which today features "How to Survive a Zombie Apocalypse" amongst it's more serious offerings). So get to it - and as the Wired folk say "Just keep your activities within the realms of safety and good sense." And have fun!!

No comments: