Saturday, April 19, 2008

Best friend

I'll post a pic later but while I'm thinking of it I wanted to blog about "street marketing " (hmmm - who knew that was a real term ... I thought I'd just made it up - oh well ...). When I was in the city the other day, I chanced upon two people handing out cute little cardboard boxes imprinted with the words "Dove Diamonds". So, I didn't refuse the proffered package and was surprised, when opening it later, that (a) it included anything at all because it seemed to be way too light and (b) that it contained a "diamond", well, actually a zircon, but it was still bright and shiny. So, will that entice me to go to the diamond shop and buy one ... I don't think so, but it will probably work for some people! I'll just stick with the zircon - because it still makes tiny little rainbows when the light hits the facets in just the right way!

No comments: