Sunday, January 20, 2008

Software advice

Post-nausea yesterday, it was time to browse the clearance bins at the local electronics store. I wasn't particularly looking for anything, but am "blessed" with an almost genetic drive to secure a bargain. As I browsed, I was approached by one of the store assistants and in the brief conversation that followed, I found myself telling him that even though I wasn't looking for anything specifically I had been thinking of sourcing some software to start organising my five years' worth of digital images. Okay so I don't have as many as his 80,000 but I reckon I have a few. He told me he was using a "free licence for non-professional use" software called Faststone Image Browser to organise and tag his collection and recommended I give it a try. Which I have and it's pretty amazing. And that's another reason I keep shopping there (Harvey Norman @ Broadway).

No comments: