Friday, December 14, 2007

Viigo v.good

A little while ago I blogged about some new software - Viigo - for my mobile phone. Imagine my surprise, then, when a comment appeared on that blog from Jesse at Viigo offering to help me troubleshoot the issue. Well I took Jesse up on that and after a little more investigation on my part and some emails backwards and forwards with suggestions and feedback, Viigo is now running comfortably on my Palm Treo 750 smartphone. The problem: the application needs to be running in the background, silently doing its stuff, and I had been exiting the application after each use. Jesse suggested they might need to "work on our product messaging to make that more clear".
All in all, excellent work from the Viigo team. It's great to know there are software companies out there who take pride in making sure the application works, and works well, for the end user. Bravo Viigo! (Which sounds a bit like a aircraft call sign - but that's okay because I'm on a high from the experience.)
Of course, it doesn't end there. A new iteration of Viigo has just been released for my phone's platform and I'm eager to give that a go ... and yes, Deb, we still need to have that talk about getting Viigo on your Blackberry.

No comments: