Monday, December 03, 2007

Roadside service

After almost a month away, and no-one else driving it, it's not entirely surprising that the car refused to start this afternoon. I called the roadside service organization I use, the NRMA, from my mobile (cell) and had been some short while on hold when the line dropped out. D'oh. But at least I remembered 2 of the call system management numbers - so I didn't have to wait through that again. I finally got onto an operator and just after I'd given my contact details and told her the problem, the line dropped out again. D'oh. So I was getting the umbrella out and up (did I mention it was raining) to go inside to use the landline when the mobile rang. "NRMA." How wonderful is that for a customer service model? So, we finished off the details and I settled in for "anytime from now to 60 minutes" wait. Two minutes later, another call from NRMA, this time the mechanic with the service unit, confirming my exact location. Three minutes later he was here - confirming my diagnosis of a depleted battery. So within 8 minutes of logging the call, I'm sitting in the car, idling the engine for the next 15 minutes to build up the charge. Roadside service? You'd better believe it!

No comments: