Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Hair Experiment

According to ABC Radio's Life Matters, "Nigel Marsh was a high flying advertising executive living the high life when at the age of 40, he was made redundant when his firm closed its Australian operations." So he took a year off to come to terms with "life" and wrote a book called Fat, Forty and Fired. I think it was on Life Matters that S heard Nigel talking about saving $100 a year by not using shampoo and his hair was okay when he just washed with water. In fact, if you do a search on Google on "Nigel Marsh shampoo" it will return various results with the phrase "Why shampoo is a con". So, I have decided to have a go at replicating the experiment to see what happens and if using water without shampoo will lead to fresh, clean hair (is my scepticism showing?). It was Day One today - and already I am not sure about this. My hair is unnaturally oily and as I pointed this out to my sister - although I think she observed it herself - she asked the question I should have thought to ask - what length was his hair - a No. 2 shave is certainly going to be much easier to maintain without shampoo - and is his hair naturally oily? (I'm saving the photo until at least Day 3 - if the experiment lasts that long. As S said, maybe it would be better to take this on at home, rather when we're on holiday visiting friends and family in non-familiar climes.)

No comments: