Thursday, October 25, 2007

In transit to visit my parents, I stayed overnight with an old school friend. And believe it or not, there was occasion, thanks to Julie Bishop, Federal Education Minister, to give a rousing rendition of our old school song ...From the bush and beach and town itself, we come to gather on the hill ... The news of the day had carried an item about Ms Bishop arriving at Southport State High School to announce a new $1.something million Home Economics (?) block, only to find the School and its principal were not expecting her. When she was told that no-one had told them she was coming she asked the principal "who didn't tell you I was coming?" ... d'oh, how would he know if no-one told him? But, back to my overnight stay. Younger daughter Rach may have had something to do with the choice of manchester. I was impressed with the bedspread, because it has a different duo of horses on either side. I was also sharing the room with the Barbies - or were they Bratz?

No comments: