Thursday, January 25, 2007

Reading choices

I have been pondering reading matter of late. I have just finished "Lullaby" by Chuck Palahniuk and even though the concept of the book was brilliant, the more I read, the more I questioned whether I would be able to recommend it to anyone. It may have had something to do with the necrophilia. Not that I'm a prude - or maybe I'll have to review that given my concerns about the 3rd World Products series. I'd stumbled across Book 1 through Fictionwise and about a third-way through I realised I was enjoying it enough to want to read more. So back to Fictionwise - and sure enough, there are eight more in the series - and all nine of them are in the one category - Erotica. Now you would have thought I'd have noticed a little thing like that while I was reading - and sure enough, a short while later, I chanced across the first almost gratuitous bonkfest in Book 1. Now I'm unsure whether I want to keep reading - because the further I read the more bonks there are - and, it seems, less story.

No comments: