Friday, September 01, 2006

Good news me hearties!

It's almost Talk Like a Pirate Day again - and the amazing news is that if you're here in Australia, you may get to do it twice - which I think is a bit strange. A decision has been taken that because September 19 (official TLAPD) is a week-day, employers may not fully appreciate and embrace the event, so the Australian "organisers" have moved TLAPD to September 23. And as I be celebrating my first great, grand TLAPD observance, I might just be doing both! Aarrr. (You too can learn how to speak like a pirate - yarr, me hearties - you can be speakin' pirate-like!) Oh, oh ... just remembered, there's a site (a site? there are tons of them) you can go to and get a pirate name - "I might try that again" said the recently dubbed Mad Mary Flint which is slightly better than Iron Deficient Cynthia.

No comments: