Monday, August 07, 2006

Techno Lust

I have seen a new UMPC (ultra mobile PC) in operation ... not only that I have held it in my hands. On the way to breakfast I noticed a young man writing, tablet style, on a device slightly larger than a novel. Yes, I know I shouldn't bother strangers, but he was kind enough to let me interrupt him - and then to show me his Fujitsu Lifebook UMPC. It's about a third of the size of my Fijitsu LifeBook Tablet PC (Moses for short) and has all its features - except for an onboard DVD/CD. It makes up for that by having about a gazillion connectors including 3 USB ports. I may have to wait for a while before I even seriously consider buying one - although if I wait long enough they might find a way to include mini Blu-Ray or bring the price of standalone DVD/CD's low enough to be feasible - plus they also have to work out how to make them the size of DVD case for ease of portability. Hmmm ... technology.

1 comment:

Purple Sea Urchin said...

ARgh..... You're killing me with jealousy!!!