Sunday, August 13, 2006

Keyboard woes

It looked as though my Palm Keyboard had stopped working while I was in San Ramon. I was distraught. How could I cope on the plane home without it (this was obviously before they started preventing all but the most essential items travelling as hand luggage post 22/8 revelations of plans to blow up flights from the UK into the USA).
I tried to locate a replacement at stores within walking distance of the office and hotel in San Ramon - but the best I could find at Greatlands Target was a 30GB video iPod. But, back at the hotel the next day, I tried the keyboard again and lo and behold, it worked ... and then it didn't - and the Palm was pretending the keyboard was connected even when the keyboard was turned off. Hmmm ... maybe there was some kind of interference in that part of the hotel room - which it seems may have been the case because the keyboard is working fine now! Just as well I didn't buy a new one - that would have been wasted money (that could have been invested in an iPod!)

No comments: