Monday, April 03, 2006

Piercing comment (or Ear Rings)

It's funny how you don't see any of something, and then as soon as you see one - you see more of them. The "them" in this instance is pierced ears - but not your normal piercings. These seem to be designed to enlarge the lobe with a donut-shaped insert - and not a small one! - so you can see through it. (Oh for a photograph or the ability to draw well!) I first noticed one on Wednesday afternoon, and then I followed one down the road the next day. I know this doesn't make a epidemic of it, but they're unusal enough to be noticed - and to get me thinking about why anyone would want to do that. And only in one ear. Of course, both gentlemen sporting the ear-rings had numerous other metal piercings. Yes, all right, I admit it - I really don't understand the whole piercing culture at all.

No comments: