Sunday, April 30, 2006

Pennies from Heaven

Well, maybe it's more a case of "dollars to donuts" rather than "dollars into the bank account". Why? Today, for no reason that I am aware of, I received a telegraphic transfer of just over $AUS1600. The question is - from whence did it come? I noticed the addition when I deposited a birthday cheque today (thanks June - sorry that took so long). So, I checked my account online - or tried to ... the system was "down" - and when it finally came back up, the deposit was there but it only said "telegraphic transfer". So, curious (don't call me curious!), I rang the bank. "It's too early to tell" they told me. Apparently it will take a day or so for all the details to be recorded in their system - but once they are, the details will also be available for me to view online. So, at this stage, the mystery should only last for the weekend - and then I'll know who'll be wanting their money back - and that's the "dollars to donuts" bit - it's "dollars to donuts" that it will need to go back to whence it came. Ah well, as long as I'm not charged transfer fees ...

No comments: