Thursday, March 02, 2006

Decoding

I am on the hunt for a tablet pc but looking at all the specifications is like trying to understand a whole new language. The good thing is that there is Wikipedia and I am slowly making my way through the list of GH and MHz and IEEE394 and IrDA and GPU and ODD and GB and you get the idea. It's been an eye opener, too, to see the differences in specifications sheet from different manufacturers, and different reseller sites. Particularly wonderful was the site I found yesterday (now what was it again?) that allowed you to compare up to 4 different models using "drag and drop". Pretty snazzy - except it didn't have all the models I want to compare. Still, it's good to do spreadsheets - helps me work out what the most important features are!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Most important feature - Forget the tablet - go the 15.4" wide screen. < g >