Friday, March 03, 2006

Business cards

I was reading a story today about the Catholic Church being critical of Harry Potter stories because they could lead children into Satanism when I found myself wondering about business cards. Do you have your company name, your name and title - in that order. And what about:
The Vatican
Father Gabriele Amorth
Chief Exorcist.
Given his occupation, and if I'm ever in the market for one to come calling - I want to see "Exorcist" on the very top line, and in very big print. Fear does powerful strange things to someone's eyesight.
Father Amorth, 80, has carried out more than 3000 exorcisms since 1986. That's 150 a year, or about 3 a week (unless there's a seasonal variation). And if Father Amorth is the Chief Exorcist, how many of them does the Vatican, nay, the Catholic Church, have? And do I really want to know?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe they do mass exorcisms during peak seasons, you know, like mass baptism? Wouldn't want to be in the middle of one of those then.