Sunday, February 12, 2006

Car talk

This was yesterday in the parking lot at the Office - which is the closest I'm likely to get to driving in the States this trip. The colleague with the car kept saying "it's a rental - take it for a spin" couldn't seem to understand my reluctance to do just that. He had received a no-charge upgrade - "would you prefer a mini van or a Crossfire sir?" - when the car he had booked was not available. He gave me a lift back to the hotel in it - and it's the closest to the road I ever want to be! They really do like their cars over here - and I have yet to see a "rust bucket". I'm not sure what the reason for this is - whether I'm in an affluent West Coast area, because cars are cheap here ... I'll ask some questions. And while I'm on the subject of cars - they can be BIG here. Another colleague gave us a lift in her SUV - which I thought was pretty huge but she apologized because it wasn't a "real SUV". It was a "mini". The real ones must be the size of a bus!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

you look very cool in that!