Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Head for heights?

It was worthy of the Daily Telegraph's headline writer - "Look Skywalker!" - but it was The Sydney Morning Herald's piece about Sydney's newest tourist attraction. For a mere $109 per adult (less for children!) you too can be breath-tested and walk 260m above the CBD on 25mm thick reinforced glass. Not my idea of fun - it was bad enough being enclosed in the Shanghai tower let alone being able to look straight down at the city. I know I would freeze and they'd have to carry me down or helicopter me off.
The two-tier Skywalk is around the roof of the southern hemisphere's tallest tower - but they don't say what it is. Hopefully the ad campaign will. Heh heh - it occurs to me that the 350m high space capsule in Shanghai is just slightly higher than the Skywalk. It's not obvious in the photograph but I think it's a fair bet that the breath-test is not the only safety process in place!

No comments: