Wednesday, September 14, 2005

To see larger versions - click on the pics


Sorry, can't line up the captions - no time to do tables in HTML. But I'll put their names underneath ... this is the Black Pearl Tower at sunset; the other is my hotel - I hadn't realised when taking the photo that the neon showed Mandarin characters. I wonder what it says?

Views from my hotel room - as taken with the new tripod. [Thank you to the anonymous commenter who suggested a monopod - had a look at them but couldn't keep it steady enough - but it would have been brilliant to carry!) In the middle of one of the shots, you can see McDonalds - and on the next shot, you can see a close-up of the shop-front.

Amazingly, the McDonalds is no larger than a doorway. I don't think I've seen one yet which has a sit-down area at street level.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You know the person who suggested a monopod. YOu had dinner with him last week! I love your blogging from Shanghai!!

Elizabeth said...

You know the person who suggested a monopod. YOu had dinner with him last week! I love your blogging from Shanghai!!