Monday, September 19, 2005

Alcohol at Altitude

During my stay in Shanghai, I had made it a practice to have foods that people I know would have enjoyed if they were here. I had crabs for Dad, pavlova for Mum, lamb chops for Sooz, smoked salmon for June, vanilla slice for Chris, anything Chinese for Mejrem, crispy bacon for Deb, and now, on the plane, I'm having a gin and tonic for Kerry (congratulations on the screening of your documentary "Vietnam Symphony" today Kezza). I'm not sure if the G&T was my most brilliant idea because I am starting to feel a little light-headed (but that could also be because my right ear has not yet "popped - oh otitis media how irritating art thou), but more likely because the gin is dilating my blood vessels - and making nerve cells more receptive? (I don't think another G&T would help the situation. Luckily the stewards are about to go into dinner service so that should take my mind off it - and the swallowing we be good for my ear.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

But you did not have lentils for Lizzie? :(