Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Timetables or ...

... "check, check and check again". I planned to catch the early bus to work yesterday morning so I could do some prep work for a first-up meeting. It was a good plan but one which would have worked better had I thought to check the new bus timetable - which changed at the start of the week. I had somehow decided if our usual bus hadn't changed, neither would the earlier one. Wrong. I can't even blame it on lack of a timetable - I'd printed one from the web (and gave it to Beatrice at the bus stop) and secured two from the bus information and ticket kiosk in the city (l'd asked for 5 - one each for Sooz and I, one for the office, one for Beatrice and a spare but he refused to hand them over - fear someone else might want the new timetable!). No, it was my own fault for assuming - and we all know what they say about that (something about asses, isn't it?).

No comments: