Saturday, July 09, 2005

Search Engines

When I was looking for a pic of the cell phone gun, I turned to my search engine of choice - Google - to see if I could find a news item on it, or a web item. I was absolutely flabbergasted when I did not get a result for this or any combinations on Google. I tried for "gun" - nothing; "rifle" nothing. Hmmm, I thought, perhaps this is a deliberate policy on their behalf. I also thought, hmmm, perhaps I shouldn't be publicising the cell phone gun - but hoped nobody who read this blog would have a use for such things anyway!
So, having decided I would include it, I went to Yahoo to see what they had anything on offer - and I had no trouble finding information there.
Even stranger is that I've just been back to Google to see if I could replicate the "no result" - and I can't. Maybe their search engines were momentarily busy searching for other people or perhaps that would better be put as searching on behalf of other people. [But wouldn't it be amazing if you were able to use a program like Google to find anyone in the world - based on their profile, likely location etc. etc. - ooops, better not give anyone too many ideas!)

No comments: