Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Skive

Verb
(contact) remove the surface of; "skive leather"

I recently found the Skive website which carries short fiction stories from contributors. I don't know where the name comes from or what it has to do with the definition but it's always fun to look up words! And to read a story or two. Such was my excitement at finding contemporary short stories on the web that I forget to wonder "who are the contributors". I'm confident, well at least hopeful, that there will be some talent on the site and was pleased to see that you can search stories by author if you're after more of someone's offerings.
As well as the current month's offering, the site also archives previous stories back to late 2003. Oh, and submissions are accepted - you can find their guidelines on the site.
(And thanks Lizzie for reminding me that I do things/find sites that I can post here!)

No comments: