Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Safety Moment

Yesterday at our staff meeting I volunteered to do the next "Safety Moment". Our company is very safety-focused and each meeting starts with one. But it's not my first safety moment. I did one last year - on the Dangers of Halloween. This time, I'm going to do something on urban legends. I'm sure there has to be a safety moment in there somewhere. And if there isn't, it's a good reason (not that I really need one) to visit the Snopes site. As well as urban legends/myths, it also has what I guess you can call "urban photos" - ones you've probably received by email along the way and weren't sure if they were as real as the accompanying text suggested. Visit today. It's good fun. And you might just learn how to avoid a scam!
Oh - and the photos come with warnings if they are of a graphic or disturbing nature. So, are you more inclined to look a photo labelled "graphic" or "disturbing"? I think I am. (I wonder where my book of forensic medicine is. I haven't seen it since the move.)

No comments: