Friday, April 08, 2005

Papal Salary

It occurred to me today, while reading about the Pope's Will, that as Head of the Catholic Church, the Pope was probably drawing a reasonable salary. This was the first time I had thought about a Person of God being paid - although I know I knew this happened. I know that it isn't really more than a stipend in some instances, but it did get me wondering how much the Pope was worth a year.
The other thought I've had since the Pope went to meet his Maker, was that with the Conclave, and the Papal position up for grabs, I think it would be very disappointing if the Australian Cardinal George Pell were to get the No. 1 job. Not that it's for me to judge, but some of the things this man has said over the years have been divisive and not very holy.

No comments: