Thursday, April 07, 2005

Body memory

It is amazing how we learn to do things - and how part of that learning is related to physical memory. I am using a new keyboard with my Palm this morning, and even though it is still a "full size" keyboard, it is has a slightly different layout from the last, as the space bar is in two parts. I usually use the bit that now sits between those two parts, so I find I am trying to relearn this - so I don't have to go back and put in spaces all the time (because that could be a bit annoying in the long term!).
That's a bit funny. I was playing with the different keys to see what would happen and I turned the screen orientation around - and was amazed that the infrared signal would still work, given the machine was now not pointing that way - of course, I was wrong. The machine hasn't moved, it's the screen orientation that has changed (but it did take a few goes to work that out!)

No comments: