Tuesday, March 15, 2005

A new demographic

Today is a milestone birthday for me - one which leaves me distressed and disturbed - a bit like my 30th. You know the ones - the ones you can't just let slip by. You don't actually dread them but you do give them more thought than most.
And the reason for this? It's pretty simple. It's because I've gone up to the next demographic. You know. In surveys, when they ask your age - and there's a number of ranges to select from - like 36-44. Well, I'm now in the next one. I cannot pretend that the years are not creeping past - or that there is still so much that I want to do.
But if I hadn't had a birthday - then I wouldn't have been surprised by Sooz's gift. It was so amazing. I hadn't told her that my previous watch had died the day before my birthday - yet here was my birthday present - a really cool watch that is quirky yet functional - just as soon as I can tell what time it is when the big hand is on the face and the little hand is on the legs (he he).
The other thing I love about birthdays is how hard it is to write today's date. So used to writing our birth-date are we, that it's hard to write 15/3/2005 rather than 15/3/XXXX - where XXXX stands for the actual year of birth.
Oh - and another l liked about this birthday - Krispy Kreme's Doughnuts birthday voucher. Thanks KKD.

No comments: