Monday, September 06, 2004

Have you done it yet?

There is a name for it, but I can’t remember it at the moment – looking yourself up online. A recent survey of American net users by MSN reports that people are more likely to look themselves up than they are to look up a member of their own family … except for people over 59 who are more likely to try to find out about their family and ancestors. While some people “Google” to find out about prospective dates, the survey suggests most people are more interested in finding out about themselves … and I admit it, I have done searches for my own name on Google – and there are lots of me out there!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The correct term for this would be a vanity google. It has taken me this long (now 11 August to get back to here - and then I had to be prompted by a conversation about doing it! The weird thing was I knew I had blogged about it - just hadn't realised I couldn't remember the name of it then either. I wonder if the inability to remember this says something about me - besides that I can't remember it?)

Anonymous said...

And that would be August 2005!!!!