Thursday, May 27, 2004

We're "Orff"

Our Carmina Burina concert is almost upon us. The last 13 or so weeks of practising 3 hours on a Wednesday evening have paid off and we are about ready. Dress rehearsal is Friday evening, and the concerts are Saturday (evening) and Sunday (afternoon).
I am sitting in rehearsal as I write this - a bit tricky as I try not to miss the next Soprano entry. It looks like we're doing a run through ofthe whole piece - which means I'll know what little (hopefully) sections need independent revision.
But it will be good fun. I've sung this piece before and it's a bit like meeting up with an old friend after a long absence.
If you're near the Great Hall, Sydney Uni when we're due to perform, feel free to come along (with money for your ticket) and support the choir. Otherwise, how will you be able to tell your friends about the amazing tenor cooking swan solo?

No comments: