Tuesday, February 03, 2004

What's in a name?

I had a thought before, perhaps a good one, but I lost it. I find that fairly frustrating. Sometimes they come back, more often, they don't. I did remember this one though. It was about ordering a coffee and when they ask for your name - what name do you give? Do you say a name that you're fairly sure none of the other 17 people in the queue have? When asked today I wanted to say Nemo, or Elmo, or perhaps Fabio (okay so I recently saw "Finding Nemo").

And if you’ve ever been to Just Cuts and had to wait and come back 30 minutes after putting your name down and you know your name is still way down on the list … have you ever thought of claiming the next name they call? Yes, I’m Ivan or Christine or Jackie. Especially if you’re the only one there and it’s a shame to let Ivan or Christine or Jackie’s appointment go to waste.

No comments: